National Theatre Food and Drink, London
11.95 per hour
Customer Service Assistant (CSA) –
30 or 20 hours per week 12-month contract / or permanent
REPORTS TO: Department Manager
LOCATION: National Theatre
NT Food and Drink, a partnership formed between Levy UK & I (part of Compass Group), KERB Events and the National Theatre, enhances the experience of visitors to the NT. Through delivery of great hospitality across the building and with a wide range of venues from Espresso bars, cafes, theatre bars or pubs and restaurants, whether theatre-going or not, we’re able to meet the needs of our guest and add to their experience of visiting this iconic venue.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· To act as the public facing branch of NT Food and Drink partnership.
· Ensure professional service is given to all, including members of the public, colleagues and stakeholders.
· Ensure you are up to date with the latest information such as:
product knowledge, current shows, location of areas, offers and promotions, opening times etc
· Pre-empt what customers’ needs and provide an informed and tailored level of information and support, always aiming to exceed expectations.
· Always look to find a solution to a problem and focus on the best outcome for the customer.
· Actively seek customer feedback, provide a sufficient response and pass on appropriately.
· Always look for ways to improve and actively feedback constructive ideas.
· Support each other and the whole team to deliver an excellent experience regardless of individual specialisms and departmental logistics.
· To keep displays fully stocked and looking attractive to maximise sales opportunities.
· To prepare and serve food and drinks to the correct requirements, following all policies.
· Maintain the tidiness and cleanliness of service areas, and outside areas.
· To operate till systems and manage payments efficiently.
· To report stock deficiencies, inferior products, losses, and spillage to Team leaders.
· Assisting colleagues with venue set-up and moving equipment or furniture as necessary.
· To always comply all company’s policies and standards operational standards procedures. (e.g., Licensing Laws equal opportunities, Data protection, Health and Safety, Food and Hygiene etc.)
· To be always vigilant and know the lines of communication and emergency procedures, taking appropriate action to ensure personal safety and security as well as that of customers and colleagues.
· To undertake appropriate training and professional development as determined by your managers.
· To undertake any other duties that are reasonably required of you.
● Experience of working in a similar role and ready to hit the ground running.
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a professional and personable approach.
● Excellent customer service skills.
● Having and creating clear processes to ensure deadlines are met and control processes are always in place.
● Awareness of COSHH
● Knowledge of EPOS and procurement systems (Desirable)
● Flexible – you will be required to work evenings, weekends, and bank holidays.
● Excellent, confident communication skills are essential.
● You must be an approachable and welcoming person and take initiatives to ensure your customers are having the best possible experience.
● The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a professional approach and always providing an efficient and effective service.
● You will be a highly enthusiastic and motivated team player who can demonstrate a genuine passion in creating and providing first class customer service alongside your colleagues.
● You should have a positive and flexible approach to work and be able to adapt very quickly to new information and procedures.
● A smart, well-groomed appearance is essential (basic items of uniform will be provided)